New years resolutions always seem to backfire. We feel down about not making as much progress as the most optimistic version of ourselves said we could. Here are 10 tips on how to cheat like a champ:
1. Pretend you didn’t make any resolutions!
2. Toss out that weigh scale.
3. Stop comparing yourself to others.
4. Give yourself a break from overachieving.
5. Help someone else with their goals!
6. Adjust your parameters of defining success.
7. See the forest for the trees and celebrate today.
8. Indulge in a little chocolate and wine, just because.
9. Crumple up that list and toss it out.
10. Make some better goals!
Cut yourself some slack, being you is already a pretty fantastic achievement!