Cheat on your 2016 goals!
New year's resolutions always seem to backfire. Then we start to feel down about not making as much progress as the most optimistic version of ourselves said we could. What were we thinking? Why did we set such crazy expectations?
Here are 10 tips on how to "cheat" like a champ:
1. Pretend you didn’t make any resolutions!
2. Toss out that weigh scale.
3. Stop comparing yourself to others.
4. Give yourself a break from overachieving.
5. Help someone else with their goals!
Are you noticing a trend with this list yet?
We think that approaching a new year should be done with the same approach as you do a new day. One realistic step at a time—don't be too realistic with your big dreams though, that's not necessary. Now, on with the list.
6. Adjust your parameters of defining success.
7. See the forest for the trees and celebrate today.
8. Indulge in a little chocolate and wine, just because.
9. Crumple up that list and toss it out.
10. Make some better goals!
Cut yourself some slack, being you is already a pretty fantastic achievement!