10 Things Every Brand Should Have
Drumroll please! Here they are, in no particular order—because we love them all the same—the top ten things your brand definitely needs to be awesome:
1. A memorable name. Your name should fit your business offering and personality. When people hear “Pony Friday” they know that we like to have fun and that we're the opposite of stuffy. Our name suits our creative and optimistic nature.
2. One well-designed logo. We're a creative branding boutique and having a beautiful logo is a must to showcase our abilities, but it's often something other companies think they can get away without. Strong logos are like a VIP pass to places you didn't know you could go. If you need help with your logo, you know who to call. No, it's not Ghostbusters!
3. Solid brand identity. Your business needs to be represented consistently across all platforms; meaning on everything and everywhere. This is more than your logo. It's your signage, your social media profile and the images you post, it's your website and how you communicate with your customers. You need to be dependably you.
4. At least one social media account. Pick the platform that feels the easiest for you to learn, or delegate to someone else, and work it. There are so many options, choose your poison.
5. Well-designed and completely mobile-friendly website. Here's a link to our last post on why your website needs to be responsive, it's quite the rant. In today's world you need a site that's user friendly. This is not an option.
6. A brand ambassador. One amazing advocate for your brand is a great place to start, but share your story with as many people as you can and find the individuals who'll keep talking positively about your business long after the transaction is over. That's how you get referrals and referrals are gold.
7. Vision of an ideal future. Do you know what you want out of this? Do you even know what this is? Maybe your business is simply a means to an end—which is depressing. Hopefully you're doing something you love and your business is helping the world be a better place, even if only in the smallest of ways. Your company needs to have an idea of where it wants to grow in order to get there.
8. Resiliency to ride out the slumps. Nobody gets it right all the time. There are too many factors outside of your control. Learn from your mistakes, adapt to the new economy and roll with the punches.
9. Team pride. If you don't love what you're doing then you can't expect your team to love it. And if your team doesn't love it, then how can you expect your customers to? Pride is a delicate and necessary thing. Build it.
10. Adaptability. You have to change with the times. Every generation pushes the world to new heights and demands new things. Don't get left behind. Keep rolling!