A Day Late and Mobile-Friendly Website Short!
Happy Easter! Oh wait, that's not quite right, that was yesterday!
Have you ever felt a day late on something important, like say, maybe a mobile-friendly website? If you don't have a responsive website design yet you should be ashamed of yourself. We're not trying to be mean, that's just the brutal truth. What does responsive mean? It means that your site while shift and adjust to different screen sizes for optimal user experience. Being able to see your old tired website on a mobile phone is not the same thing. Don't fool yourself.
There are Businesses Without Websites
Comparing yourself to people failing harder than you is a terrible tactic. Yes, there are businesses without any web presence at all and it's unlikely that will work for you. Your business is probably not the exception.
Websites Need to Continually Evolve
It might be unrealistic for your to manage three social media accounts and post blogs twice a week on your website. You need to find a manageable level that works for you, because the set-it-and-forget-it mentality doesn't work.
You Just Overhauled Your Website
The lifespan of a website is a few years, at most, before it needs to be revamped. New technology and different search algorithms affect how your information displays and how it is found. You don't want to miss getting in front of your customers as a result of laziness. Yes, laziness. You're likely brainwashing yourself into believing some pretty crazy things. Here are common lies we hear:
• We don't have money for that.(Meanwhile, you're off buying promotional mints in tins with the company logo on them.)
• We don't have time to write blogs every week. (In other news, we've added flex days to our employee perks.)
• We don't have enough resources to put some towards social media. (Organizes a complete office renovation.)
Your To-Do List is Super Long
If it's not a priority, we get it. Not everything can be a priority. So ask yourself these questions:
• What is it costing you not to have a responsive website?
• What is it costing your business not to have a social media presence?
• How much is it hurting your search result not to have your own unique content?
It's time to make your online presence a priority.